Monday, 11 June 2018
ERTA Cobbler Committee Olney Press Release and Agenda
Agenda for Cobbler Railway Committee Wednesday 11th July 1pm food and social for 2-4pm business at the Snug Room, at The Bull Hotel, 9 Market Place, Olney MK46 4EA.
1. Chair-persons welcome/appointment of a Chair-person
2. Apologies for Absence
3. Can a viable rail route around the northern perimeter of Olney be re-established?
a) The old route is blocked in several places
b) The Handley Alignment (give out map) is under threat with development both sides of Yardley Road, the fields around Lavendon Road and much more
c) Going north of Sewage works means a steep slope, also the challenge of linking up with the old route east of the River Great Ouse
d) In any case, whilst the old route would have crossed the roundabout (A509) and then River, other options means crossing A509 at height, inserting a station with parking and bus interchange on field north of Lavendon Road, crossing at height Lavendon Road before seeking to cross the River Great Ouse.
4. Should all expansion/development north of Olney be opposed?
5. Should the corridor for the railway be made a green belt and development located north of it so the development is tailored for a railway?
6. Does Olney have adequate parking? Are buses adequate? Should rail access be brought to Olney too?
7. Any other business: next steps: route protection, getting councils and others on board, appointment of volunteers/team players, seeking funding for a study, growing a loose coalition of support.
8. Day, date, time and place of next Olney meeting same venue of the Cobbler Committee.